Wednesday, September 21, 2011

PB & Promo

One of the girls on my team was recently promoted.  In an attempt to be a good manager I made her cupcakes to celebrate.  Secretly a couple weeks ago I asked which cupcake flavor she preferred.  Peanut Butter was one of her top choices, so that is what I made.  I was a little nervous because I have not worked with peanut butter before, but it was AMAZING!


I just whipped up a standard chocolate cake, but I was lazy and it didn't turn out great.  I didn't have eggs in the house, only egg whites.  If you are questioning how that is possible, I get the egg white cartons (again, lazy).  So instead of using whole eggs in the recipe I just used the egg white equivalent.  Big mistake.  The yolk is what makes the cupcake moist.  If you have read my posts you know I do not like a dry cupcake. 

The frosting however was sooo delish!  I snagged this recipe from Browneyedbaker.com (I normally wouldn't support a website promoting brown eyes, but this was worth it).

1 c powdered sugar
1 c creamy peanut butter (I used JIF - nothing else compares)
5 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 c heavy cream

Put all ingredients into a mixer except for the cream.  Beat them on medium until creamy.  Add the cream then beat on high until light and smooth.  Top your cupcakes and you are good to go.  I am warning you - this stuff is so good you don't even want to put it on the cupcakes.  Just eat it by the spoonful!

Overall the cupcakes were fine.  However, I don't like something to just be fine when it can be outstanding.  I will be making these again very soon with a non-lazy cake recipe!

Enjoy!
j

No comments:

Post a Comment