Friday, September 9, 2011

Cookie Time

Two of my friends recently got engaged!  I am so happy for them because they are seriously one of the cutest couples I know.  Unfortunately, they live in Ohio so I was not able to celebrate with them.  I decided I would send them a sweet treat to share.  Of course I initially thought cupcakes, but since they didn't travel so well to my little nuggets I thought I would give cookies a shot!  Traditional Chocolate Chip seemed appropriate.


This recipe has been tucked in the back of my baking binder for the longest time, but it was always overlooked until now!  Unfortunately, I have no clue where I originally found it....


Recipe:
2 sticks butter (room temp)
1 1/2 c firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag choc chips (12 oz)


Beat butter and brown sugar on medium until well combined.  Beat in the eggs one at a time.  Add vanilla and beat until creamy.  


In a different bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.  Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture little bits at a time.  Beat until all ingredients are blended together.  Gently mix in the chocolate chips.


Drop dough in balls roughly 2 inches apart on a buttered cookie sheet.  I find it is easiest to use a melon baller.  This way all cookies are the same size and bake evenly.  


Bake at 400 degrees for roughly 7 minutes.  The cookies should be lightly browned on top.  Once out of the oven let them sit for a minute then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.  


I found this great chalkboard jar at World Market and jazzed it up a bit with ribbon tape.  Also, how cute is that card!  That is exactly how I responded to her text when she first told me.  


Now, I am my toughest critic by far.  You will never catch me bragging about anything I bake because I always feel I can improve.  However, these cookies are a different story.  My friend Matt, who by the way is brutally honest, said these are some of the best cookies he has ever had.  I also made them last weekend for my moms friends and they went crazy over them.  I mixed chocolate and peanut butter chips and they were delish!


This will absolutely be my go to recipe whenever I need to make cookies.


Enjoy!
J

1 comment:

  1. Hiii Jenny! It's Ashley ... from across the hall above subtle bug :) How are you? I love your blog you have here ... found it on facebook... wanted to say hello. I have a little blog of my own (check it out) ..not the most exciting but wanted to say hi :) have a good day!!!

    ReplyDelete