Monday, April 18, 2011

Keep Austin DELISH

"Keep Austin Weird" is the unofficial slogan for the city of Austin, TX.  I don't think Austin is weird, I think it is AMAZING!  It is without question one of my top 5 favorite cities.  It doesn't fit in with the thematic of Texas as a whole, but it is a great little city full of music, great eating, and a very diverse group of people.  It is also the home to my favorite cupcakery - Delish! (delish-cupcakes.com)  I discovered delish several months ago and could not wait to get back to Austin to go again.  


On this trip I went with their flavor of the day - Strawberry Shortcake.  Just phenomenal.  1)Cake - moist perfection.  It was a yellow cake with fresh strawberries in the middle.  2) icing - a vanilla buttercream with strawberry glaze on top.  It was just the right amount to support the cake.  3) presentation - I'm not mad about it.  They put the cupcakes in a clear cup because of the strawberries.  This is a necessary move so the cake doesn't fall apart and I still thought it looked great.  I also like their to-go packaging.  It was just a plain cardboard box with their yellow sticker on the front.  The box had cut outs for the cupcake so it wouldn't move around in transit.  4) creativity - fair.  Obviously strawberry shortcake isn't anything new, but the way they present it in the cup with the fresh strawberries is creative.  5)overall happiness - I don't think it will come as a shock to anyone that I was VERY happy after indulging.  They sure know how to make cupcakes in Austin.  Delish is hands down my favorite cupcakery in the country at this point.  They are for sure leading the league and I would be shocked to find a place that is better.  I can't wait to head back down to Austin for another visit to delish.  If you haven't been I recommend you schedule a trip this week.  Not only is Austin an outstanding city, but they have the best cupcakes!

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment