Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Georgetown Cupcakes!

Georgetown, Texas that is :).  I was up at a morning meeting in Georgetown and while leaving I drove right past Galaxy Cupcakes (www.galaxybakery.com).  Honestly half the time I don't need to seek out cupcakeries because they pop up right in front of me.  I wasn't even planning on making a stop in Georgetown but it was almost as if it was meant to be so I felt obligated to go in even though it was 10AM.  Once again they had tiny cupcakes!  They had such a variety of unique flavors that I had a really tough time deciding what to choose.  Just look at this awesomeness...
This was only half the case
I ended up trying their MIMOSA flavor, after all it is my favorite morning cocktail.  This is an orange and champagne flavored cupcake.  The champagne is mixed into the batter, so it actually bakes out in the heating process.  Two other varieties I found intriguing were the Margarita and the Jack&Coke.  I thought about sampling the Margarita as well, but remember it was 10AM so I just went with a mini Mimosa.  The lady said that with both the Margarita and Jack&Coke that the alcohol is injected into the cake after the baking process, so there actually is alcohol in these two flavors.  

MIMOSA
1)the cake - So moist with little orange bits.  Had a great flavor and consistency.  2)icing - delish.  It was very creamy and reminded me of an orange flavored push pop 3)presentation - cute simple dab of icing.  loved it.  I wasn't given a to go container, so I guess she could just see it in my eyes that I was going to eat it at that very moment.  4)creativity - absolutely very creative.  I loved the idea of a mimosa cupcake.  I also liked the other creative flavors they offered, but can't speak to them since I didn't try them.  5)overall happiness - so happy.  This was a perfect little gem to stumble upon.  I thought the cupcake was delicious and I would absolutely order it again.

If you are ever in Georgetown, TX you should go to Galaxy Cupcakes.  I am hoping that I make it back to that part of Texas soon, because I would love to try some of their other varieties.  yum yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment