Saturday, June 11, 2011

I. Love. Delish!

Lucky for me I recently had another business trip down to Austin.  This allowed me to pop into my favorite cupcakery - Delish.  Parking is not easy down on 3rd street, but it is so worth fighting for a spot once you get into Delish.  As I have done in the past, I decided to go with their cupcake of the day - S'mores.
1) the cake - per usual this cake was perfection.  The bottom was a layer of crushed graham crackers topped with a rich chocolate cake.  The flavors were spot on and the cake was surprisingly moist.  For some reason I thought it would dry out with the graham crackers...foolish.  2) the icing - a marshmallow topping, lightly toasted.  This icing was so good I could have eaten it solo, sans cake.  I absolutely love that it was toasted.  I personally like my marshmallows very toasted when making s'mores.  I am always the one the purposely catches it on fire :) mmm. 3) presentation - scroll back up and take a look at that picture.  This cupcake looked so perfect I didn't want to eat it.  All of their cupcakes look like they came right out of a book.  4) creativity - not incredibly creative.  s'mores cupcakes are pretty popular, but I like the way delish made them.  Each cupcakery makes them a little differently and I think this is the first time I actually saw one in the same format as an actual s'more.  5) overall happiness - a real crowd pleaser and yes, by crowd I mean me.  This cupcake again verified that delish is my favorite cupcakery in the country.  Everything they produce is just top notch.  Do yourself a favor, go to Austin, and go to delish.  Austin is such a great city and this cupcakery makes it 10x better.

enjoy!
j

No comments:

Post a Comment