Monday, June 6, 2011

High Society

On a recent trip to Texas I was accompanied by my regional manager, Matt.  I love when Matt travels with me, because he lived in Dallas for several years and knows all the hot spots.  When I told him about batter up he said he knew of an amazing bakery right down the street from his old house - Society Bakery (www.societybakery.com). Society Bakery is located in the northern part of the city by "M"Streets.

The smell of baked goods smacks you right in the face when you walk in the door.  It is heavenly.  I could have sat there all day.  They offer more than just cupcakes and their entire selection looked phenomenal!  After a lot of back and forth I decided on a banana chocolate chip cupcake.  Now, normally I would never choose a banana flavored cupcake, but I loved the one Katie ordered at Sweet Mandy B's and I wanted to see if Society's would compare.
Just looking at this cupcake is enough to make your mouth water.  1) the cake - a yellow cake with chocolate chips.  Loved it.  I love yellow cake and the chocolate chips give it the perfect texture contrast.    The flavor was divine and the consistency of the cake was perfect.  2) the icing - AMAZING! It was a light fluffy banana icing that just melted in my mouth 3) presentation - just right.  Simple large swoop of icing.  Honestly, all of their cupcakes looked so good on the rack I had a really hard time deciding.  4) creativity - eh, not that creative.  Banana is pretty common in the cupcake world, and a lot of times it is paired with chocolate.  5) overall happiness - I was beaming after I ate this.  It was so delicious.  When I sat down I told myself I would only have half because I had spent the last couple days indulging in some tex-mex...well that didn't work out so well.  I think I was actually licking the fork for the final crumbs.  


This is by far the best cupcake I have had in Dallas!  If you are in the area you MUST make a stop at society bakery.  Parking is not the easiest, but once you get in there you will see it is worth the hassle.  I can't wait to get back down south to try more flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment