Friday, June 10, 2011

Sin City

Friends, 


I'm going to warn you this post is a bit of a let down.  I just spent the last couple days in Las Vegas - to be honest, it was a couple weeks ago, but I have needed time to recover.  The trip was an absolute whirlwind bouncing from pool cabanas, to gourmet dinners, and ending each night at some crazy club.  This was my first trip to Vegas and it was amazing and overwhelming at the same time.  I flew out early on a Friday and then was to return Monday evening.  From the moment I touched down I didn't have a chance to relax until mid-day Monday.  Seriously, it was 8AM when we landed so what better way to start the trip than Starbucks with a double shot of Baileys?  Ayy...


On Monday I went out on a mission to find a Vegas cupcake.  I ended up at the Sugar Factory.  This place was incredible.  Candy everywhere, cookies, brownies, gelato, cake - it was like Willy Wonka real life.  As I stared into the case I am disappointed to say that I could not bring myself to order a cupcake.  I was so exhausted, dehydrated, and stuffed that I could not physically order a cupcake.  Shocking I know.  However, they did look pretty.  

Once the vodka and regret are all out of my system I might consider planning another trip back and promise to actually try one of these cupcakes.  If you make it to Vegas, please, stop in and let me know how they taste!  I recommend going at the beginning of your trip so you don't end up a mess like me and unable to eat one.  


sorry,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment