Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Steel Magnolia-s

Favorite Quote, "If you can't find anything good to say about anybody, come sit by me".  Well, that was not the case for the last stop on my New York road show - Magnolia Bakery (magnoliabakery.com).  Magnolia Bakery has several locations throughout Manhattan, but I decided to go to the one located at Rockefeller Center.  I am assuming this is one of their more crowded locations specifically for tourists like myself.  Normally I would avoid the overly touristy spots, but I had just finished brunch a few blocks away at Norma's.  One of my all time favorite restaurants that is a must when I visit New York City!!

It was pretty busy, but I did not want to make the same mistake I made at Two Little Red Hens, so I stepped back and carefully observed the cupcakes until I was confident I was making the right decision!  I went with an orange cupcake with chocolate frosting.
1) cake - I really enjoyed this orange cake.  The flavor and consistency were just right 2) icing - A-MA-ZING.  it was perfect!  I absolutely loved this milk chocolate icing.  This is the icing I dream of being able to make in my own kitchen someday.  I am positive they are using high quality chocolate, so I guess I will need to splurge next time I am in the mood for chocolate icing  3)presentation - simple and perfect. I love a nice little icing swoop 4) creativity - ish.  Overall they had a lot of creative choices, but this particular flavor wasn't all that creative.  I believe I had something similar in San Antonio.  5) Overall happiness - VERY happy.  It was the perfect way to end the New York cupcake hunt!


The rest of the weekend my time was spent with wedding activities.
The BEAUTIFUL reception
View from ceremony

Well that wraps up the big apple!  Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. How cute! I'm loving all these cupcake posts, yummy :) I just adore your blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete