Friday, August 12, 2011

Burgers & Cupcakes sans Burger

Continuing my cupcake mission in New York, I came across a great little shop Burgers & Cupcakes (Burgerscupcakesnyc.com).  Sounds like the perfect pairing if you ask me!  Unfortunately, I had just enjoyed a slice of NY pizza, so it was just the cupcake for me.  They didn’t have a huge variety of cupcakes (surprising since it is in the name of the restaurant), but I ended up with a Strawberry Rhubarb cake. 
1)Cake – It was a plain white cake and it was pretty dry 2)Icing – it was hard.  Weird.  I also think it was just plain vanilla 3) Presentation – I thought the cake looked appealing from the case.  I always love when fresh fruit is incorporated 4) Creativity – not that creative.  It was pretty much a plain white cake with a strawberry on top.  5) Overall happiness – disappointed.  I was really hoping for a good cupcake and this was subpar.  The flavor and consistency were both lacking.  Also, the only strawberry part was the actual strawberry??  That or the rest of the cake just didn’t have enough strawberry flavor for me to even taste it.  Hopefully their burgers are better!
This is a pass for me…
Xo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment