Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cupcakes and Baseball!

One of my very best friends, Ms. Erin Butt, came up to visit.  When she asked about my favorite cupcakes in the city I immediately took her to Sweet Mandy B's!
She loves to have a good time!
Walking into Sweet Mandy B's is the toughest part of the journey because you are faced with so many tough choices.  I mean look at this spread...





They just so happened to have a special that I had never seen before..Lemon Raspberry! mmm.  This was perfect because it was a steamy day in Chicago and lemon raspberry seemed quite refreshing.
This cupcake not only looks amazing, but it also tasted amazing!  Per usual the cake had a perfect consistency.  I would have preferred a smidge more lemon flavor.  The icing was a raspberry buttercream.  It was light and fluffy and the flavor was spot on.  I absolutely love Sweet Mandy B's and they knocked it out of the park with this summer flavor.

To make this weekend even better my beloved Reds were in town to play the Cubs!  Erin and I were able to score some great last minute tickets.  Unfortunately, it was a very sad showing and they lost big time.  Even though they didn't get the W it was SO great to be able to watch them play live!
Finally closed out the weekend with this delish turkey burger topped with a corn/avocado/cucumber salsa! So simple and perfect for summer.


Enjoy!
j

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Mandy B's is fantastic!! I've only had it once, but I plan on going back again. It was SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete