Monday, July 25, 2011

Can't get enough..

Back in Austin and I had to stop at Delish (delish-cupcakes.com)!  I always think about giving another cupcakery a shot, but I just know how angry I would be if it wasn't as good.  So to keep my sanity while traveling I decided to go back to my favorite place!
Mexican Vanilla
This time I went with the Mexican Vanilla.  This cupcake was the inspiration for the Mexican Vanilla cupcakes I made a few weeks back.  If you aren't familiar it is a mexican vanilla cupcake with a mexican vanilla buttercream icing! If you didn't read my homemade post...yes, mexican vanilla is absolutely different than what you would buy at your local grocery store. 
Lemon Zest
I also decided to try a bite of the lemon zest cupcake.  It was a scorcher in Austin and this sounded quite refreshing.  It is pretty self explanatory - a lemon cake with lemon zest buttercream.  

I started to rank both of these cupcakes on my standard scale, but then got to thinking and decided it was unnecessary.  I have said before that Delish is my favorite cupcakery and both of these cupcakes continued to exceed my expectations.  So, get your rear to Austin and try one!  
On a side note, while there I asked for a bottle of water...they only had Voss.  If you ever saw the movie Grown Ups you would understand why I found this hilarious! 
My last tangent on this post...I also was able to grab dinner at Uchi (www.uchiaustin.com).  Uchi is a fabulous sushi restaurant on South Lamar.  This is the best Sushi I have ever had.  I am new to the Sushi game as of about 7 months ago, but nothing has compared to my meal at Uchi.  


Go to Austin - Go to Uchi - Go to Delish!


xo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment