Thursday, July 21, 2011

Apple Pie??

On my last trip to Dallas I had to get back to Society Bakery (societybakery.com).  As mentioned before the smell is just intoxicating when walking in the door.  Then when you arrive you are faced with this case of beautiful cupcakes! 
Now, last time I was in Society Bakery I had to try the banana chocolate chip to compare with Sweet Mandy B's here in Chicago, but noticed they had an apple pie flavor.  I was very intrigued by this as I have never seen an apple pie cupcake. 
Apple Pie: 1)the cake - Just a plain yellow cake - good flavor and consistency.  2) the icing - Vanilla buttercream with Apple Pie filling on top.  So good! Just the right amount of icing to go along with the apples.  It was light and fluffy.  3)Presentation - I like the "rough" presentation.  Large cupcake with a blob of icing and then apple filling plopped on top.  Totally my style.  4)Creativity - VERY creative.  Like I said, I have never seen an Apple Pie cupcake 5)overall happiness - extremely happy!  This was so delicious.  The combination of the cake with the vanilla icing and apple topping reminded me of apple pie a la mode.  Very much enjoyed this cupcake and might try to make it myself when apple season roles around!
While on this trip I had to pick up a gift for someone so I stopped in Creme de la Cookie (cremedelacookie.com).  I absolutely fell in love with this place.  It is adorable.  The cookies looked amazing and they had a good variety, but nothing too crazy.  However, my favorite thing about this place was the little gift boxes.  Such a great idea - They were perfect.  I really wish we had one of these shops in Chicago!

Enjoy Texas!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment