Friday, January 6, 2012

Ann Arbor is a W

onderful little spot to grab a cupcake.  This fall I made my first trip to Ann Arbor. Growing up in Ohio I was pretty much raised to hate all things Michigan.  Now, ironically I spend at least 40% of my time there.  I spend most of my time in Western Michigan, but occasionally journey east. During my first trip to Ann Arbor I turned to my trusty Yelp! app to find some cupcakes.  I ended up at just baked.   
I didn't realize until later that this is actually a chain of cupcakeries located throughout Eastern Michigan. I normally don't love chains, but it was a rookie mistake.  Since it was fall I decided on the Apple Cider cupcake.  You better believe I spent a good long time going back and forth between the Pumpkin Pie and Apple Cider, but let's face it...the icing was much more appealing on the apple cupcake.  
1) Icing - Great texture and flavor.  I could def taste the cinnamon. 2) Cake - Very moist and perfect consistency.  I think it could have used a smidge more apple flavor.  3) Presentation - I am a big fan of the large icing swirl.  4) Creativity - I believe apple cider is quite creative in the cupcake form.  Would have been perfect with a side of spiced rum!  Just like college. 5) Overall - very happy with this cake.  I would absolutely go back and get it again.  
So, if you are ever in Ann Arbor (or pretty much anywhere in Eastern Michigan) I would def reco just baked.

enjoy!
j

No comments:

Post a Comment